STARS SUPPORT HENRY SURTEES TEAM CHALLENGE
Formula 1 World Champion Nigel Mansell CBE is one of a host of star names who shall be attending the inaugural ‘Henry Surtees Brooklands Team Challenge’ charity kart event on Wednesday 4th July 2012 at Mercedes-Benz World. He will have the honour of starting the endurance race which has been organised by the ‘Henry Surtees Foundation’. The event will also raise funds for the Brooklands Museum and is supporting the Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust.
Non-racing supporters are invited to come along to watch the on track action, enjoy the Museum and Mercedes-Benz World. They are also welcome to conclude their day by purchasing tickets for the Champagne and Canapé Reception which are available for a minimum donation of £40.00.
Prior to the 2-hour race there will be a track demonstration of the Surtees-Hart TS10 driven by BRDC Member Alexander Simms, a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG - the current Formula 1™ Safety Car driven by BRDC Member Oliver Turvey, 1927 Delage (15-85) Grand Prix car driven by Allan Winn and 1933 Napier-Railton Special driven by Geoff Dovey – both from the Brooklands Museum.
Henry drove John’s TS10 in the hillclimb at Goodwood the week before his fatal accident. It is the car in which John achieved a European F2 Championship win in Italy and won the Japanese Grand Prix at Fuji in 1972. Alexander Simms was Henry’s team mate at Manor Competition in Formula Renault UK.
The day’s Challenge prize giving ceremony will then take place in Brooklands Hall, Mercedes-Benz World which currently features a stunning display of DTM cars. Steve Rider and Henry Hope-Frost will host the event and present staged interviews with some of the participating drivers who to date include Andy Priaulx, Jaime Alguersuari, Sam Bird, Jack Harvey, James Calado, Kevin Magnussen, Harry Ticknell, and Scott Malvern. Mr Bernie Ecclestone has also pledged two participating teams and his presence in support of the event.
There will also be an auction of some very special items donated to the Foundation especially for this event carried out by Malcolm Barber of Bonhams. These items include:
- Limited edition print of a Nicolas Watts print - John Surtees driving the Ferrari 158, German Grand Prix, 1964 signed by John Surtees, Dan Gurney, Phil Hill, Chris Amon, Tony Maggs, Maurice Trintignant and Jack Brabham – donated by John Surtees OBE
- 3 x 1 Hour AMG Driving Experiences at Mercedes-Benz World, Brooklands – donated by Mercedes-Benz UK Ltd
- A pair of signed Jenson Button racing gloves – donated by McLaren
- A signed Fernando Alonso race suit – donated by Scuderia Ferrari
- A Jenson Button Vodafone McLaren Mercedes solo Scalextrics car signed by Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton – donated by Hornby
- A Start Champion Scalextrics Race Set, featuring Jenson Button’s McLaren Mercedes and Michael Schumacher’s Mercedes GP Petronas cars signed by Jenson Button, Michael Schumacher and Ross Brawn – donated by Hornsby
- 2 pairs of VIP tickets with hospitality for British Grand Prix (Saturday & Sunday) – donated by Shell Brands International AG
- A Maserati Experience – donated by Maserati GB Ltd
- Box at the O2 Arena for 15 people for the Michael Jackson ‘THE IMMORTAL’ World Tour on 14 October 2012 – donated by F. M. Conway Ltd
- A Private Dining Experience at the famous Benihana Japanese Restaurant for 8 Persons – donated by Mr. Terence Regan
To purchase tickets for the Prize Giving and Champagne Reception please contact: Sharon Bowness, firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 01732 865496